Saturday, October 25, 2008

Guide: 100 cooking recipes

Today I spent some time finishing off my Sous Chef achievement (learn 100 cooking recipes). I had no idea there were so many Alliance BOE recipes to grab - and most of them from one vendor in Stormwind! I sent my little NE warrior off to collect them for me while I made a list of the others that I needed. My guildies laughed at me because once again I had a spreadsheet.. but a couple asked me to share what I had, so I thought I would put a list together (similar to my post on 50 mounts) to make it a little easier for people to find the recipes they might be missing.


I've tried to arrange them in some semblance of an order. I've separated them into faction recipes, so you know which ones to search the AH for (or send an alt to fetch for you) and which ones you can easily find on a vendor (no more paying 10g on the AH for a 15s recipe). Also, the majority of quested recipes are actually BOE, so they may turn up on the AH also (or, once again, you could have another character grab them for you). I've also tried to arrange them by zone/town where I can, to make it a little faster, but sometimes recipes are sold in various places so you may need to check wowhead. Where a vendor or quest is a link, I have linked back to the wowhead info to speed things up for you.


The below list has 113 recipes.


Happy cooking!

Photobucket





Basic trained recipes (14)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Charred Wolf Meat
1
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Herb Baked Egg
1
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Roasted Boar Meat
1
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Spice Bread
1
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Spiced Wolf Meat
10
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Boiled Clams
50
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Coyote Steak
50
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Crab Cake
75
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Dry Pork Ribs
80
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Goblin Deviled Clams
125
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Spider Sausage
200
Trainer
Most trainers
AH
Stewed Trout
320
Shattrath
AH
Fisherman's Feast
350
Shattrath
AH
Hot Buttered Trout
350
Shattrath
AH
Vendor recipes - Alliance BOE (15)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Fillet of Frenzy
50
Darkshore
A
Clam Chowder
90
Darkshore
A
Loch Frenzy Delight
50
Loch Modan
A
Beer Basted Boar Ribs
10
Stormwind
A
Goretusk Liver Pie
50
Stormwind
A
Blood Sausage
60
Stormwind
A
Westfall Stew
75
Stormwind
A
Crocolisk Steak
80
Stormwind
A
Cooked Crab Claw
85
Stormwind
A
Murloc Fin Soup
90
Stormwind
A
Redridge Goulash
100
Stormwind
A
Seasoned Wolf Kabob
100
Stormwind
A
Succulent Pork Ribs
110
Stormwind
A
Gooey Spider Cake
110
Stormwind
A
Crocolisk Gumbo
120
Stormwind
A
Vendor recipes - Horde BOE (8)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Strider Stew
50
Barrens
H
Crispy Lizard Tail
100
Barrens
H
Crispy Bat Wing
1
Brill
H
Scorpid Surprise
20
Durotar
H
Heavy Crocolisk Stew
150
Dustwallow
H
Lynx Steak
1
Eversong Woods
H
Roasted Kodo Meat
35
Mulgore
H
Bat Bites
50
Tranquillen
H
Vendor recipes - Both faction BOE (45)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Barbecued Buzzard Wings
175
Arathi, Desolace
AH
Crunchy Spider Surprise
60
Bloodmyst, Tranq
AH
Lean Wolf Steak
125
Desolace
AH
Heavy Kodo Stew
200
Desolace
AH
Big Bear Steak
110
Desolace, Ashenv
AH
Lean Venison
110
Desolace, Ashenv
AH
Hot Lion Chops
125
Desolace, Barrens
AH
Dragonbreath Chili
200
Dustwallow Marsh
AH
Monster Omelet
225
Felwood
AH
Charred Bear Kabobs
250
Felwood
AH
Juicy Bear Burger
250
Felwood
AH
Baked Salmon
275
Felwood
AH
Hot Wolf Ribs
175
Feralas
AH
Lobster Stew
275
Feralas
AH
Mightfish Steak
275
Feralas
AH
Goldthorn Tea
175
Razorfen Downs
AH
Smoked Bear Meat
40
Silverpine/L. Modan
AH
Curiously Tasty Omelet
130
SWind, Arathi, STV
AH
Giant Clam Scorcho
175
STV
AH
Jungle Stew
175
STV
AH
Cooked Glossy Mightfish
225
STV
AH
Filet of Redgill
225
STV
AH
Hot Smoked Bass
240
STV
AH
Spiced Chili Crab
225
STV, SOS, Westfall
AH
Spotted Yellowtail
225
Tanaris
AH
Tender Wolf Steak
225
Tanaris
AH
Undermine Clam Chowder
225
Tanaris
AH
Grilled Squid
240
Tanaris
AH
Nightfin Soup
250
Tanaris
AH
Poached Sunscale Salmon
250
Tanaris
AH
Brilliant Smallfish
1
Various
AH
Slitherskin Mackerel
1
Various
AH
Longjaw Mud Snapper
50
Various
AH
Rainbow Fin Albacore
50
Various
AH
Smoked Sagefish
80
Various
AH
Bristle Whisker Catfish
100
Various
AH
Rockscale Cod
175
Various
AH
Carrion Surprise
175
Various
AH
Mithril Head Trout
175
Various
AH
Mystery Stew
175
Various
AH
Roast Raptor
175
Various
AH
Sagefish Delight
175
Various
AH
Gingerbread Cookie
1
Various (Xmas)
AH
Egg Nog
35
Various (Xmas)
AH
Hot Apple Cider
325
Various (Xmas)
AH
Vendor recipes - Outland (15)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Crunchy Serpent
335
BEM
AH
Mok'Nathal Shortribs
335
BEM
AH
Ravager Dog
300
Hellfire
AH
Grilled Mudfish
320
Nagrand
AH
Poached Bluefish
320
Nagrand
AH
Roasted Clefthoof
325
Nagrand
AH
Clam Bar
300
Sporeggar
AH
Sporeling Snack
310
Sporeggar
AH
Blackened Basilisk
315
Terrokar
AH
Golden Fish Sticks
325
Terrokar
AH
Warp Burger
325
Terrokar
AH
Spicy Crawdad
350
Terrokar
AH
Blackened Trout
300
Zangarmarsh
AH
Feltail Delight
300
Zangarmarsh
AH
Blackened Sporefish
310
Zangarmarsh
AH
Quest recipes (7)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Roasted Moongraze Tenderloin
1
Azuremyst
A
Kaldorei Spider Kabob
10
Dolanaar
A
Tasty Lion Steak
150
Hillsbrad
A
Dig Rat Stew
90
Crossroads
H
Smoked Desert Dumplings
285
Silithus
AH
Soothing Turtle Bisque
175
Hillsbrad
AH
Buzzard Bites
300
Hellfire
AH
Daily cooking quest rewards (BOP) (7)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Delicious Chocolate Cake
1
Shattrath
AH
Captain Rumsey's Lager
100
Shattrath
AH
Broiled Bloodfin
300
Shattrath
AH
Stormchops
300
Shattrath
AH
Kibler's Bits
300
Shattrath
AH
Skullfish Soup
325
Shattrath
AH
Spicy Hot Talbuk
325
Shattrath
AH
Drops (2)
Item
Lvl
Source
Loc
A/H
Savory Deviate Delight
85
Drop (BOE)
Barrens
AH
Runn Tum Tuber Surprise
275
Drop (BOP)
Dire Maul
AH


10 comments:

erumel said...

Hi! Thank you for your great posts, I greatly enjoy reading them! Keep up the good work! Personally I think I've got a bit of writers block until Wrath. I haven't played very much last couple of weeks as I'm really just waiting for Wrath and feel pretty done with BC.

It's nice to find another blogging and raiding resto druid who enjoys addons :)

trev said...

You left out the AQ Scepter recipe, kickin dragon chops :P

Hmm i only have 103 might have to do some zombie trading.

- Chewbaca

Keeva said...

I also left out Thistle Tea, which is rogue only :)

I kinda figured that people who want the chops recipe are already aware of it and what you have to go through to get it.

I think they hotfixed zombietrades :P

trev said...

yup cant trade anymore, come and join me killing the invading scourge :D revs got 120+ runes and i have 50 atm. Gonna get me another tabard.

Keeva said...

erumel: I feel the same way - I only just started writing but at the moment I feel like there isn't anything much to write about while we wait for Wrath. I'm itching to get in there, learn the fights, new rotations, get mods set up to suit, etc :D

chewy: I DON'T NEED ANOTHER TIMESINK D:

Christina said...

Fantastic guide! Thank you so much Keeva!

Hana said...

Wow, this is an awesome guide. :) Thanks for writing it!

Keeva said...

You're welcome! :)

I'll probably update it down the track with all the new WotLK (and the mount guide also).

Phaelia said...

Thanks - I didn't even know about this achievement until your article. WTB improved achievements interface!

Keeva said...

Sometimes it's fun to have an achievement pop up on your screen and you had no idea it existed previously.. but yes, for the most part I wish the UI was better.

Something I wish they would change is that you can only track one achievement at once. I'm really big on multi-tasking; for example I will often set out to do fishing achievements, but I'd also like to make sure I've explored all of the areas of the map, plus perhaps keep an eye out for more critters to /love. I like to do several things in one area. Unfortunately you can only track one achievement at once, so I usually have a notepad open to remind me of the other ones that I want to do in that zone.