Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Swift Flight Form trainable at level 71

From the 3.03 patch notes:

The Swift Flight Form is now available on the trainer at level 71, requiring 300 riding skill, and Flight Form learned.

Translation: druids will no longer need to do the quest chain and Heroic Sethekk Halls to get their Swift Flight Form. You will, of course, still need to pay 5000g to receive your 300 riding skill; they are simply removing the requirement for druids to do a quest chain in addition.

I'm slightly confused as to the implications for people wanting to obtain the raven mount in future - will Anzu only be summonable now by TBC druids who finished their quest back in the day? I suspect people will still want to try for this mount in WotLK so I will be interested to see whether the quest line stays - is it possible they will leave it in as a stand-alone quest simply to reward the druid with the ability to summon the boss (rather than Swift Flight Form being the end reward), or will it be scrapped entirely?

I really hope they keep the quest chain in the game. It is such a fun series of quests - it really challenges you to use all of your abilities and forms. Bear tanking, kitty interrupts, healing, shifting into flight form before you go splat, spamming your skylaz0rs - the lot. I've done it twice and I wish I could repeat it, because it really is a blast.

There should be more class-specific quests like this in the game.

7 comments:

nimcraft said...

I agree! Class quests are super fun, and even more fun is having something in-game that you worked hard to get. A quest chain like this isn't impossible to do. A shame to miss it.

(Don't even get me started on welfare epics.)

Hana said...

From what I heard the quest is staying in-game, so it'll still be possible to do. It's just it will no longer be mandatory.

Considering that heroic Sethekk will soon be outdated I think this is the best compromise. People who want to do the quest can still do it, but people won't be prevented from ever getting it if they can't get a group.

Keeva said...

More class quests!

MORE! :)

david said...

Also, don't forget about the Idol that comes with the quest line. Idol of the Raven Goddess. It has been buffed and with our auras raid-wide, it benefits everyone in the raid.

Keeva said...

Definitely. I used to use it on particular fights before the change, depending on who was taking damage and who I was healing.. sometimes I'd get some funny looks for not having my Emerald Queen equipped.

It's definitely nicer now - but I think I read somewhere that it is bugged at the moment? I'll have to look into it more.

Anonymous said...

uhm actually for the ppl who have alrdy done the bloody 5k gold crap and the freakin quest line, do they get their money back cos for fuck's sake i demand a refund i grinded my ass of to get that money...this is pathetic and all those other losers can just keep their epic flyin mount wat kind of pathetic new patch is this....so yea do we get our money bak or wat?

Keeva said...

As far as I am aware, you still have to pay 5000g just like everyone else - you just don't have to do the quest or Heroic Sethekk.

The 5000g cost is basically a fee to unlock epic flying speed, and as such I'm guessing that you won't be able to purchase the swift flight form skill until you have Artisan flying.

Have a look at this - it explains it better: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/21/quested-mounts-and-forms-to-be-trainable-in-patch-3-0-3/

If druids were able to skip this cost while everyone else still had to pay, there would be a huge outcry from the other classes.

So don't worry, you haven't wasted your gold, you still would have had to pay 5000g whether your got your swift flight form through the quest chain, or at the trainer at 71.