Following on from their first announcement, Blizzard have released the first set of notes for Warlocks, Druids and Warriors:
We are planning a lot of exciting content for patch 3.1.0, and we are doing a three-part preview series on upcoming class changes. This is the second in the series: Warlocks, Druids, and Warriors. Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change. To read the previous list in the series, check out Part 1 -
Here are the druid changes so far, with resto-affecting stuff in bold:
- Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
- Survival of the Fittest has had its bonus armor reduced to compensate for the above increase in damage mitigation.
- Faerie Fire (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 5%. See Sunder Armor in the warrior update below for additional details.
- Thorns and Nature’s Grasp can be cast in Tree of Life form.
- Survival Instincts now works in Moonkin form.
- Replenish – to avoid confusion, this talent has been renamed “Revitalize.” It now also works with Wild Growth.
- We are also looking at increasing the sustained (not burst) damage of feral druids in cat form.
So far, very disappointing.
Being able to cast Thorns in tree form is a nice convenience, but not really anything more than that.
Replenish being renamed to Revitalize is a good little fix, I'm sure it was confusing for some people. Adding it to Wild Growth is great, but it still has such a low proc rate that I doubt I'll bother unless I have leftover points and nothing to do with them.
I really hope their next set of notes for us is better than this. I saw the priest notes and I got REALLY excited; here's a few things they are getting:
- Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.
- Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
- Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.
I don't want this to seem like a whine post; I'm not saying "no fair, priests got XYZ and we got squat!" - but I honestly saw the priest stuff and got excited about what was in store for druids. I'm not kidding when I say this - after I saw the priest stuff, I went to bed and woke up this morning thinking, "I have to get out of bed and check if the druid changes are out!" (pretty bad, huh?)
DS being made a core ability, a group shield, and a buff to AOE heals; awesome! Will we get some similar-quality buffs, or just name changes, a tiny buff to Replenish, and the ability to cast a couple more things in forms?
Guess we'll have to wait for more notes.
I still want my Imp Barkskin to cast on others..