Sunday, April 5, 2009

Azeroth Arbor Day 2009

Arbor Day is coming!
I spoke with Phaelia and she has given me the all-clear to run with Azeroth Arbor Day this year.

What is Arbor Day?
Arbor Day is a holiday to celebrate our wonderful trees. It is recognised in many countries around the world. Here in Australia Arbor day is at the end of July, but since the majority of readers are probably from the US, we'll go with the US date - the last Friday in April (that's the 24th).

What is Azeroth Arbor Day?
Azeroth Arbor Day was created by Phaelia of Resto4Life. It is a celebration of Tree of Life druids - both elf and Tauren.

Sadly, we all still look the same as trees - Phae didn't get her wish for diversity this year. Personally I think it would be logical to have the current "brown" tree to be the Tauren form, and the purple version to be the Night Elf form. The skins are already in the game, seems logical to me! No matter, maybe later in the year we'll hear more about some improvements to our forms.

To quote Blizzard recently:
Druid forms are not coming in 3.1, but (big but) we are working on them. I have to say that when these do go live, it will have been worth the wait.
Exciting!

How can I celebrate?
Send in your Tree of Life pictures!



Need inspiration? Check out last year's submissions.

*** Please submit your entries no later than Wednesday 22 April. ***
This will give me a couple of days to compile everything and publish on the weekend following Arbor day.


Things to remember
  • You can submit as many pictures as you like (but I may need to pick your best ones if I get a lot of submissions).

  • Please include your name & server (optional) so that I can credit you properly. Also please let me know if you have a blog so that I can link back to that.

  • Make sure your druid is in tree form, of course!

  • Your druid can be alone or with more tree friends. The more the merrier!

  • Remember that the theme is the celebration of trees - be creative with your backgrounds.

  • Turn off all UI elements before taking your screenshot (press Alt+Z to do this) so that your picture isn't cluttered with bars and bags etc.

  • If there is a story behind your picture, please include that also.


Other submissions
All other tree-related submissions are encouraged! Artwork, comics - anything you like - it's all welcome. If you have something to celebrate the Tree of Life druid, please send it in!

Advertising Azeroth Arbor Day
If you would like to advertise Arbor Day in your own blog, Phae has given permission to use the badges made by Valenna at parrydodgespin.com:


In fact I encourage people to advertise it, since my blog has nowhere near the readership that Phae's did - and fewer people will see it this year if we don't spread the word!


Last year's submissions were fantastic! I know that this year's pictures will be even better though, with some of the amazing new landscapes in Northrend.

Go forth and photograph! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :)

2 comments:

Notabear said...

Count me in.

Sylly said...

woot woot! going to put it up on Rolling Hots right now!!! =) Thanks for picking up the torch, Keeva!